Thursday 10 February 2011

Rocket and Roses Garlic Aioli

You know you get those moments where you just want something creamy but not full of junk? Well, we do here and I have been trying for ages to come up with a vegan Aioli. I've tried all the vegan mayo subs and to be honest I can't stand them. But then, when I was vegetarian I never liked mayo anyway, I was always a salad cream girl. I never gave up trying to come up with a creamy garlic dip. And I had many disasters that ended up straight in the bin. But today I was determined to make one work. I had a third of a package of Mori-Nu firm Silken Tofu leftover from making Edamame Dip yesterday and I hate having to throw it away in a few days. So armed with a large bulb of garlic and the leftover tofu and my mini blender I went to battle and dragged various items out of my fridge and store cupboards. And do you know what? I actually came up with something I really like! At last! So here is the recipe from my garlic and herb covered notes. lol. Hope you like it too? 




Rocket and Roses Garlic Aioli  Servings 6 (ish!)
(Original recipe from the Rocket and Rose Vegan Kitchen) 

4oz Silken Tofu 
2 large garlic cloves,  minced
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1 tbsp  extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp  fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, minced
1/4 tsp salt

Put all the ingredients together in a blender and blitz until smooth. Leave to chill in the fridge until ready to use.