Saturday 12 March 2011

Anyone for cake???

Today I had a house that was full of rampaging little ones and their parents. And I loved every chaotic and plain crazy minute of it. lol. I always do and I like to give them a nice lunch and a lovely dessert. The little ones had ice cream and jelly and the adults had the sulks when they realised they didn't! lol. However when I served them the dessert below they were all silenced and smiling whilst they ate it. 


The cake was the Vanilla Pound cake from Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook~ Moskowitz/Romero, which is flavoured with lemon and orange essence and I have to say my nephew M liked it so much he took the rest of the cake home with him. I served it with some very soft scoop ice cream and vanilla sugared raspberries on the side. The dessert plates were empty in seconds...or so it seemed. lol.  Always a good sign. 




This cake is the Yoghurt and Almond Cake from A Vegan Taste of Greece~ L.Majzilk. I didn't serve it at lunch today but it does taste delicious. And heated for 30 seconds in the microwave and then topped with a scoop of ice cream...well I won't be making this very often as it's too nice. lol. High days and holidays for this little cake. It makes a 6" cake but a little goes a very long way. 


I just wanted to share these cakes with you..Hope you are having a good weekend? 




Red