Friday 18 March 2011

Cake Memories

As I am busy today icing my nieces birthday cake for her party tomorrow, I thought I would put together a blog about past cake memories. My Love turned 40 last year and instead of having a savoury catered affair..we had a cake table. I busily baked hundreds of cupcakes and a massive triple chocolate birthday cake. A friend, R, sent us some of snaps of the cakes so I'll be putting them in this blog. There are also some other random ones from over the years. If you love cake as the people around me seem to do...lol..you'll love these photos...

I'll be back tomorrow with a new recipe but for now...enjoy as you share these cake memories. And if you would like to know any of the recipes then please leave me a comment...

My Loves 40th Birthday Cake Table 

 Apricot and Almond Cupcakes ~ from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
 Gingerbread Cake ~ can't give the credit to the person who created this..It was an anonymous posting!
 Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes & Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes ~ Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
 Green Tea Cupcakes ~ Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
 Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes ~ Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
 Mucho Margaritas Cupcakes ~ Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

G's Chocolate & Raspberries Birthday Cake

My sister is a chocoholic and loves raspberries also. So this cake was a huge winner with her...
 And for the raspberry waterfall.....
 Delicious...the recipe is from The Joy Of Vegan Baking...

Random but very lovely cakes.....

A luscious chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate cake...lol 

 This isn't the best photo but it's a coconut sheet cake that I made for my Mum's birthday a few years ago. It looked beautiful with the waterlilies candles scattered over it. And very tasty...recipe from Sinfully Vegan cookbook...

This is a Hazelnut, Lemon and Maple Sandwich Cake from Taste of Vegan Baking cookbook. It was so tasty and moist. Very much enjoyed by everyone. 

These are Coconut Rockies from Taste of Vegan Baking..simple and delicious. 

 Well there you go..a few cakes to look at and drool over..lol. Hope you enjoyed them...