Sunday 17 April 2011

Mooli and Carrot Salad with Sesame Seeds

Kitchen Play List:     Adele ~ 21 Album

Mooli ~ A giant white Asian radish! That was my mystery ingredient this week, provided by my friend D. And I had a lot of recipes waiting to use it in...but no real kitchen time as we were busy with birthday celebrations! Darn! lol. It was a real shame as I haven't been able to find the elusive radish around here. But D happened to be walking down the street and saw some outside the grocers and thought of me..lol. So as I was making a buffet for my celebrations that consisted of 12 salads I thought "...well why not try the Mooli Salad recipe out?.." And that is what I did....

The results were a very refreshing salad. Simple and clean flavours...I hope I can find a constant supply of these radish because it was a pleasure to use. 

 Mooli and Carrot Salad with Sesame Seeds
(Recipe post by Anon)

250g/9oz Mooli/white radish/diakon, peeled and grated
150g/9oz Carrot, peeled and grated
60ml/4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp black or white sesame seeds

Soak the grated mooli and carrot in cold water for 15 minutes

Drain well and season, dress with the vinegar and toss well

Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds 

Enjoy!