Saturday 16 April 2011

Rocket and Roses Coriander Guacamole

Kitchen Play List: Christina A ~ Candyman 
                                      Elvis Costello ~ Let's Misbehave
                                      (both repeated for fun kitchen dancing! lol)

I was given a very fresh and lush bunch of coriander recently and I had some left over after making the Mystery Ingredient recipe. And I had two rather large Avocados in the fridge that were past their best to be used in anything other than a dip. So I set about throwing together a Guacamole. I made it up as I went along and I know it's not very original but its one of My Loves favourite things to eat...so why not? lol. 





Rocket and Roses Coriander Guacamole
(Original recipe from the Rocket and Roses Vegan Kitchen)

2 large very ripe avocados
1/2 tsp ground cumin
pinch of cayenne pepper
3 med tomatoes, hard stalk out and roughly chopped
1 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
large handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
juice of two limes

Scoop out the flesh of the avocados into a medium sized bowl and mash them down with a fork or a masher, until creamy. Then add the cumin and cayenne and stir to combine. 

Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir thoroughly. If not eating straight away then push the avocado stones into the guacamole and store, covered tightly, in the fridge until needed. 

Enjoy!