Wednesday 1 June 2011

Baked Persimmon/Sharon Fruit Slices

Kitchen Play List:  Nat King Cole ~ The Best of Album

Now this was an experiment...and I'm not sure if it was just my marg/butter adverse taste buds that objected to this dish or it just wasn't good. My Love tried it and thought that it was OK. I was a little disappointed because I still feel like I don't know what a persimmon/sharon fruit tastes like because all I could taste was the melted marg and the cinnamon. I think next time I buy some of these intriguing fruits, we will try one just as Mother Nature intended.  And then I will retry this recipe but without the melted marg and a little less cinnamon because I don't think it's the recipe at fault but just my personal tastes.

I found this recipe posted on a website and then realised it was the recipe from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's wonderful Color Me Vegan.

Looked lovely don't ya think? I will update when I try the recipe my way.
Baked Persimmon/Sharon Fruit Slices
(Recipe from Colour Me Vegan by C.Patrick-Goudreau)

4 Persimmons/Sharon Fruit
1 - 2 tbsp non dairy butter, melted
ground cinnamon

Vanilla soya yoghurt to serve with, optional

Preheat the oven at 350'F/180'C/Gas Mark 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Slice the persimmon as thinly as possible and lay out across the baking sheet.

Brush each slice with the melted butter and then lightly sprinkle with the cinnamon. 

Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then flip the slices over and sprinkle again with cinnamon. Bake for a further five minutes. 

Allow to cool slightly before serving. 

NB: Having read the recipe in the cookbook CPD does suggest leaving the melted butter off if you are following a low fat eating plan...so I will definitely be trying it that way and I will update this post when I have.  ~R~

But please let me know how you get on with this recipe??