Wednesday 12 October 2011

Carrot and Ginger Soup

Kitchen Play List: Gary Moore ~ Ballads and Blues Album

I have tried for years to get on board with the Carrot & Ginger Juice train. But I can't..I'm not the biggest ginger fan. I like it in things but as a main flavour it just leaves me cold...which is a great pain for My Love who adores the stuff. lol. Ah well. 

I had a glut of carrots that needed using up and I needed to make a snack soup for the following day. The day before I had been flipping through Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's cook book The Vegan Table and had briefly glanced at this recipe. To be honest the ginger did put me off at first but the photo made it look so good I decided to try it out. 

It was simple to make...used up almost all of my carrot glut...and tasted great! I was so pleased to have made this soup. It's not as sweet as I had suspected and the ginger really is more of a hint of ginger. The colour just makes you smile as it's so sunny...it's almost like you get a shot of happy at the same time. lol

Colleen's Carrot & Ginger Soup ~ Happiness! lol
Carrot and Ginger Soup
(Recipe from A Vegan Table/Patrick-Goudreau)

2 tbsp water
1 large or sm onions
2 tsp minced garlic
8 carrots, peeled and slices into circles
2 med potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 1/2 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp white pepper
5 cups veggie stock 

Heat the water and cook the onions and garlic until soft. Add the carrots, potatoes, ginger, salt, pepper and the stock. Cook the veggies until they are tender. Season and blitz the soup until smooth.

Enjoy the happiness! 
~R~