Wednesday 5 October 2011

Cauliflower and Dill Soup

Kitchen Play List: Nickelback ~ Silver Side Up

Cauliflower is one of my most favourite vegetables. Along with broccoli I could eat it with every meal. I like it raw, steamed, mashed and in dishes. However, I don't like it mushed. lol. And I think we all know what that difference is. Yikes. lol. I found this simple soup when flicking through Linda Majzlik's cook book A Vegan Taste of Eastern Europe

It is so simple and very quick to make. And it's a creamy, yet light soup and very enjoyable. I loved it. Another way to enjoy cauliflower is always good with me..lol

Cauliflower and Dill Soup
Cauliflower and Dill Soup Serves 4
(Recipe from A Vegan Taste of Eastern Europe/Majzlik)

8oz/225g caulliflower, chopped
1 celery stick, trimmed and chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 dsp veggie oil
22 fl oz/650 ml veggie stock
2 rounded tbsp chopped fresh Dill or 1 heaped tsp dried
1 dsp lemon juice
1 tbsp plain soya yoghurt (opt..I never use it ~R~)
black pepper

Fry the celery, onion and garlic in the oil in a large saucepan until softened. Add the cauliflower, stock and chopped dill and season with black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until done. Allow to cool slightly and then blend until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and yoghurt if using. Reheat while stirring, then ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh dill leaves.

For the photos I left a few florets whole..but after blended the whole soup until it was silky smooth.
Enjoy...I know I will! lol
~R~