Friday 1 June 2012

Bad Case of the Funks..

Lounge Play List :

Pavarotti ~ Curtis: Torna A Surriento
Lucinda Williams ~ Right In Time
Adele ~ Someone Like You
Zucchero ~ Feels Like a Woman
Springsteen ~ Blinded By The Light
Audioslave ~ Yesterday To Tomorrow
Jamie Cullum ~ I Get A Kick Out of You
Bowie ~ Absolute Beginners
KT Tunstall ~ Through the Dark
Doris Day ~ I Enjoy Being a Girl
10cc ~ I'm Not in Love
Depeche Mode ~ Dirt

You folks know me well enough by now..I try and keep this blog as real as possible. So today it would be safe to say I'm having a bad day. The pain throughout the night has been pretty bad and I have been plagued by back to back nightmares. Not a great start to this very excellent Friday that many have been working towards all week, eh? So my choices are this...wallow..or move on? OK so I've done both..lol And I'm still trying to shake the wallow..or anger at feeling this Urgh today...and the detailing of the dreams are hanging around me like a veil.

This so very true..
(Image not my creation found via Internet so I take no credit for it)

It is so true, don't ya think? I could choose to take the mood into the rest of my day..and believe me it's tempting..to just shut myself away..cut myself off from everyone..it would be the easier option. But I can't do that..I have to remember that there are people I love and care for that are dealing with much worse situations today..and every day. In the whole scheme of things...etc.

This one made me smile!
(Image is not mine and I take no credit for it)

When faced with these horrible moments I try and draw inspiration from thoughts of others and I think this very simple thought by the late and most fabulous Mr. Cary Grant is just perfect. Get up..do stuff..go to bed..lol

I'm not saying it's going to be easy today to pull myself out of the funk I'm in from the pain and nightmares but I have to try...we have to try, eh? Because life is way to short to give in. So forgive me for one last inspirational poster..lol..but it's a good one...promise..lol

Beautiful, no? Worth the wait, eh? lol
(Image not my own and I take no credit for it..)

So each hour today I shall endeavour to lift my mind out of this Urgh (sometimes there are just no other words for it..honest!) and try and enjoy this lovely Friday that I have been blessed with. As I am all too aware that others would give everything to have one more Friday, eh?

Thank you for stopping by and I hope I haven't brought you down? Sorry. Anyway...I hope you have the very best Friday you can..filled with love and laughter..

~R~