Thursday 21 June 2012

Spiced Lentil & Butternut Soup/Stew

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Those Crooked Vultures ~ No One Loves Me & Neither Do I
The Puppini Sisters ~ Crazy In Love
Shakira ~ Que Me Quedes Tu
Carole King ~ Oh No Not My Baby
Alannah Myles ~ Lies and Rumours
Sheryl Crow ~ Long Gone Lonesome Blues
Martina McBride ~ Be That Way
Jace Everett ~ A Little Less Lonely
Simply Red ~ Model
Def Leppard ~ Bringing On The Heartbreak
KT Tunstall ~ Push That Knot Away
Rolling Stone ~ Start Me Up
The Blow ~ Dred Indian Blues
Newton Faulkner ~ Dream Catch Me
Little Big Town ~ Fine Line
Sub Sub ~ Ain't No Love (Ain't no use)

Oh yes..this is indeed a real recipe blog posting! At last..but alas I didn't make it..the hard work of chopping things and throwing them into the slow cooker was all ML's. lol. However, it's real food and a recipe..so I am happy.

This soup is one that gets made quite often here..for the simple reason that it's the only cooked food I can eat when feeling..yuck. And I have managed to eat it this week..so an improvement eh? I can't remember where I found this recipe as it's now just a printed off recipe in one of my many folders of random recipes..but if it's yours or you do know where it originated then please..just email me..and I'll make the amendments.

I love this soup/stew (I can never decide because it's kinda both..lol) because it is very simple..I love Butternut and the spice comes from the fabulous blend that is Garam Masala..couldn't live without this spice. Makes me smile to just smell it in its pot..so when this soup is cooking I am in aroma heaven. lol.

Spiced Lentil & Butternut Soup/Stew
I take no credit for the recipes creation....
but thank you to whoever did!! ~R~
Spiced Lentil & Butternut Soup/Stew
Serves 4-5

1 cup of dried lentils (we use brown or continental lentils)
2 1/2 cups butternut, cubed (3/4 inch)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp garam masala
4 cups of low salt veggie stock or water

Rinse and drain the lentils. In a medium slow cooker place the lentils, squash, onion, carrot, celery. Sprinkle garlic and garam masala over vegetables...Pour over the broth/water.

Cover and cook on Low for 8 - 9 hours or on High for 4 - 4 1/2 hours. Adjust seasonings..to taste. And serve..Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Thursday is a good one...

~R~ *doing my happy dance because I wrote a foodie post again..* lol