Wednesday 29 August 2012

Bad Days and Surprise Hugs

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Eddi Reader ~ Eddi Reader Album

It won't be a shock to the loyal readers of my humble blog to hear that I am not any better...yet. But I remain always hopeful..even on days like these. The days where the pain levels are off the charts and no painkiller is doing its job. The days where I've managed no sleep because of the former. The days when my mood could be easily described as bitchy challenging..ahem. The days where the frustrations at my limitations are riding me hard. And that is just my own personal 'stuff' so when you add on all the surrounding factors...it's a lot to deal with some days. This is one of those days...OK enough whinging...

When it's this bad, I try and run mantras through my mind, This Too Shall Pass and It's Just a Bad Day Not A Bad Life...etc. I give myself mental kicks on the ass by reminding myself that there are millions of people out there who are having it worse..and that usually does the trick in that moment. Goodness knows that members of my chosen family definitely fall into that category right now.

But I also try to remember that I am indeed just human..and no matter how many positive things I try and use to keep me going....some days are just bad days. No amount of music will help..endless mantras and positive thoughts aren't going to make it better...it's just a bad day. So I hunker down until it passes...and it does...although right at this moment I don't believe it..lol.

Now this day is a bad one...OK think I've mentioned that..lol..so as I came downstairs to check the post to find a handwritten envelope on the mat I was intrigued. It had my name on it...so I took it back upstairs with me and sat back down on my bed and opened it. And it made me smile instantly....it was a card, that sent me a hug from my lovely friends J & S. Saying that they were still there and thinking of me and they thought I could maybe do with a Hug. Now I confess it made me smile and maybe shed a few tears...but I will deny it if you tell anyone else...OK? Such a simple act meant so much...and helped lift me out of the bad day for a while. And it reminded of a Pin I found recently and I want to share it with you folks today.....

This is more often than not..very true.
I know that this is true for J & S and they have hearts that are so generous it's humbling. I only hope those of you out there reading my little blog have people in your life who are this caring and loving with you. If you don't, drop me an email and I'll listen...

Thanks for stopping by and reading my whinging. And I hope your day is very much better than mine....

~R~

NB: Image is not my own and I take no credit for it...found online at Pinterest.