Friday 24 August 2012

Life is Art...

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Dave Gahan ~ Use You
Imelda May ~ Sneaky Freak
Jace Everett ~ A Little Less Lonely
Robert Plant & Alison Kraus ~ Trampled Rose
P!nk ~ You + Ur Hand
Margaret Whitting ~ That Old Black Magic
Beth Hart ~ Sky Full of Clover
Thunder ~ Only You Can Make Me Cry
Suzi Quatro ~ 48 Crash
Rascal Flatts ~ What Hurts The Most
Slash ft Rocco ~ Saint Is A Sinner Too
Madonna ~ Music
Harry Connick Jr ~ Smile
Eric Clapton ~ Wonderful Tonight

I have hardly any words today...just one of those blank days so I thought I would share some art that has caught my eye this week.

Artist ~ Carrie Vielle
Artist ~ Carrie Vielle
I liked the dreamlike quality to Carrie's work...

A truth
Rain Dance
Sadly I have no idea who the artist is for this piece. I found it online via Pinterest. But as I love to dance in the rain...I loved the pure pleasure she is feeling...I've felt it first hand. lol.

Danaid (1885) Auguste Rodin
Sculpture is one of my passions...and I hope to see this Rodin piece for real one day. I love the flow of the body and the hair...she could almost be moving...

Artist ~ Margarita Georgiadis
Each time I look at this piece I see a different story....depending on my mood.

Rose Mediativa ~ Salvador Dali
A lot of Dali's body of work is lost on me...I just don't get it. I have tried. But this one captivated me.

Flower Girl ~ Isaiah Stephens
Benediction ~ Isaiah Stephens
I fell for these two pieces by Stephens immediately. Love at first sight! lol. In Flower Girl I love her expression on her face..her eyes so intense and her determined mouth. Benediction to me was a thing of beauty...her graceful movement...the awesome moon casting its light across the beautiful water. I would happily have both of these pieces hanging in my home.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope your Friday is being very good to you...

~R~