Saturday 29 September 2012

For The Love of the Lotus Tattoo...

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

James Morrison ~ Better Man
Fun Lovin' Criminals ~ The Grave and The Constant
Melissa Etheridge ~ Lucky
David Bowie ~ Oh! You Pretty Things
Rod Stewart ~ The Very Thought Of You
Pauline Bryne ~ Dreaming Out Loud
Los Del Rio ~ Macarena
Jamie Cullum ~ Our Day Will Come
Nickelback ~ If Today Was Your Last Day
Metallica ~ The Unforgiven
Doris Day ~ Sugarbush
Bruce Springsteen ~ All I'm Thinking About
Tina Dickow ~ Moon To Let
Teena Marie ~ Lead Me On

I have always loved the Lotus Flower...I have always loved tattoos. So when I first saw the combination of the two..I fell in tattoo love. For me the symbolism of the lotus flower is something that touched my often walled up heart. I can't adequately put into words the symbolism so I shall share someone else's words with you...

"...The lotus flower starts as a small flower down at the bottom of a pond in the mud and muck. It slowly grows up towards the waters surface continually moving towards the light. Once it come to the surface of the water the lotus flower begins to blossom and turn into a beautiful flower..." 

For the rest of the article click here...click! However, for religious symbolism and meanings a simple net search will provide you with many interpretations.

So to the inspiration for this posting today...it was simply the photo below. It came up on a Pinterest feed and I was enchanted with it immediately. I found it quite beautiful..what do you think?

 




Image found on Pinterest.
I have to say I love everything about this tattoo. The placement draping across the lower back is great..the colours so vibrant and the design intense..all things that a good fire lotus design should be. I would love this tattoo...

Image found in Pinterest.
Tattoos don't have to be large to have an impact. The placement of this small lotus design is maybe not where I would have it done myself...as it can cause a headache when trying to design tattoos to go around it later on. But on an ankle or wrist...or anywhere else that can take a small tattoo really..it would be perfect. So any size works, eh?

Image found on Pinterest.

The glorious Red Fire Lotus...my ultimate favourite form of Lotus. I love the passion of colour, the symbolism and it's just damn cute..lol. I like this design but it wouldn't be my choice of tattoo but it's still worth a mention.

Image found on Pinterest
I love this tattoo. One of my favourite colours is this shade of purple...and I love the design and the impression of the lotus floating on the water...I even love the butterfly..lol.

Image found on Pinterest
This tattoo design took my breath away with its elegant design and simple colour. To me it felt ghost like. Another tattoo I would love to have...lol.

Image found on Pinterest
This framed Lotus tattoo is really quite lovely...and I really like the design encasing it.


Radiohead ~ Lotus Flower
I'm not the biggest Radiohead fan..well actually I've only ever liked the song Creep. But when doing this post I put in a search for Lotus songs and this one came up. The lyric to it is..crikey I've over used this word lately..but they are simply beautiful. And the video is really interesting. But anyway..Lotus postings complete with lotus song...lol. Right back to the tattoos, eh?


Image found on Pinterest

Interesting is the word that came to mind when I found this design. Now I wouldn't have all the pink...my choice would be red for fire lotus..but a great design.

Image found on Pinterest
Now this is a Fire Lotus..lol. I love it all..wouldn't maybe choose it myself..but I sure do love it. lol.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a splendid Saturday filled with everything you need...and if you are lucky...want.

~R~