Sunday 21 October 2012

Almost Silent Sunday: Octavio Ocampo Artwork

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

LOTR Fellowship of the Ring OST ~ via the movie

It's an extreme resting day here at Rocket & Roses HQ...and I must be feeling grim as I've agreed to a Lord of the Rings movie marathon. lol. Which means ML is lost somewhere with the Elves, Hobbits and Wizards...and I am working..lol. During this 'work' I found an artist I had never heard of before...Octavio Ocampo.

Octavio Ocampo ~ the artist himself
at work
His work is often described as Hidden Image art and that was the reason his work caught my eye. So here are a few of my favourites...I hope you enjoy them...


Mouth of Flower ~ Octavio Ocampo
This was the one that caught my attention...so serenely beautiful.

Skull ~ Octavio Ocampo
From serene to bizarre...lol. But I really enjoyed this piece as much as the first. Loved it.

Unknown name ~ Artist Octavio Ocampo
At first I just saw the lovely face...and then I saw the lovely little critters that are the real stars..lol.

Unknown name ~ Artist Octavio Ocampo
Yes...it was the mermaid that I saw first...and then the King followed by the other figures. So clever.

Unknown name ~ Artist Octavio Ocampo
Once again that beautiful face....but this time a much different hidden image. Wonderful.

Heart of Stone ~ Octavio Ocampo
I love the darkness that haunts this piece...and the beauty...although I can't help but think of Cher as I look into her face. He has a prolific catalogue of work..all of which I would happily talk about all day. I am smitten. If you have enjoyed these I urge you to check out some more...

OK so I wasn't all that silent...but I could've said a lot more. lol. Thank you for stopping by and I hope that your Sunday is a peaceful and relaxing one...

~R~

NB:   IMAGES ARE NOT MINE..AND I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THE WORK OF MR OCTAVIO OCAMPO. ALL IMAGES FOUND ONLINE VIA PINTEREST OR GOOGLE SEARCH.              THANK YOU ~Red~