Friday 14 December 2012

Finally some Good News to share...

Image not my creation so therefore take no credit for it. Found online.
So...to my loyal followers of this little blog of mine. I finally have some good news...no strike that...I have some great, awesome, fantastic news to share with you all. About bloody time isn't it? Can't thank you enough for sticking with me throughout the trials I've been through in the last year...I do promise a food based blog as soon as I can...anyway...

A few months ago I was told by the medical professionals in my life that I was on the speed track to going blind. I was told that it would most definitely happen within the near future or even overnight. I was told the blood vessels behind my eyes were shot and I could even lose sight overnight. So their advice was...find acceptance of this and prepare yourself and loved ones. Which is exactly what I/We did.

It was a hard thought to deal with...although I was very positive when I shared the news with the people I loved. Told them the truth of the situation but was quick to say...No really it will be okay...but inside I was a mess of doubt and concern. And finally I did find the quiet acceptance of the situation. I think everyone else just went into a form of denial which I did understand.

Then yesterday I had 'the' appointment with the top eye doc near me. It was almost a done deal that this appointment was simply for him to tell me how bad they bad they had gotten and how long I had left before the big lights and pictures out moment. So it was with a very anxious and heavy heart I sat through the tests and then walked into his office.

Now my eye doctor was a warm, friendly and lovely man. Maybe I am just jaded these days after seeing so many doctors with that whole God complex going on..lol Anyway...

He told me that I wasn't going blind...or even beginning to lose my sight. I did have a condition that with extreme care for my eyes and a permanent daily treatment I could be back to almost normal vision within a year. But stated...Red you are not losing your sight..not on my watch!

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was in this moment...we talked it through and he was going to 'throttle' the doctors who had taken it upon themselves to misdiagnose the damage to my eyes. He was one seriously furious doctor...

I AM NOT GOING BLIND! I spent last night floating on a cloud of happiness and it was so good to finally share some good medical news with my loved ones. And this is why I've taken the decision to share it with you folks today...you have been there for some of the not so good news...so it has brought me great pleasure to bring you this good news today.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope your weekend is going to be fantastic for you all...

Love ~R~