Sunday 3 February 2013

Brunch: Balsamic Roasted Pepper, Cream Cheeze, Rocket & Toasted Pumpkin Seed Stuffed Bagels

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Brandi Carlile ~ Bear Creek Album

Bagels...bagels...bagels...what a delightful treat every now and then. And when thinking up the Brunch post for this week I couldn't get my mind past the lovely rings of joy. lol. Can you tell I'm a reformed addict? huh? lol. I have to say though I get very bored with the standard fillings and so I'm always looking for new ideas to stuff them with. Nothing wrong with just vegan cream cheeze...but I like something a little more.

So armed with a tub of vegan cream cheeze (Yes I know..but hang in there...) I decided to roast some yellow peppers off...ahem..OK I asked ML to roast them off for me, peel the skins off and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss to evenly coat and then leave the strips to drain overnight. And when I think of balsamic vinegar I always think of Rocket...so that was the next selection. Guest blogger Dev recently gifted me some of her home toasted pumpkin seeds...and were so delicious that I had to have a few strewn across the bagels.

Balsamic Roasted Pepper Strips, Cream Cheeze, Rocket and Toasted Pumpkin Seed
Filled Bagels.
Balsamic Roasted Peppers, Cream Cheeze, Rocket & Toasted Pumpkin
Seed Stuffed Bagels

Serves 4

4 plain bagels
4 tbsp vegan cream cheeze
2 yellow peppers, roasted, peeled and drizzled in
balsamic vinegar and left to soak overnight
handful of toasted pumpkin seeds

Toast the bagels to your preferred toastiness.

Slather a tbsp of vegan cream cheeze on one side of the bagel. Then scatter with the pepper, some rocket leaves and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Place the top of the bagel on top...

And then devour at will....lol

Enjoy!

Gratuitous Bagel Shot...brunch for a few days
and one for Dev.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope your Sunday is a peaceful one. Ours won't be as it's the littlest nieces 2nd birthday party....back tomorrow with the fantastic birthday cake that ML made.

~R~