Wednesday 17 April 2013

2 Beautiful Life Lessons

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Cello Adagios ~ Apres Un Reve
Queens of the Stoneage ~ Go With The Flow
Savage Garden ~ I Want You
Billy Joel ~ She's Got A Way
Ciara ~ Love Sex Magic
Colbie Caillat ~ Midnight Bottle
Nerina Pallot ~ It Was Me
Roy Orbinson ~ Walk On
The Gossip ~ Coal To Diamonds
Brandi Carlile ~ Caroline
Lenny Kravtiz ~ Where Are We Runnin'
Beth Hart ~ Ugly & Broken
Skin ~ Look But Don't Touch
Gin Blossoms ~ Hands Are Tied.

I've spent the last couple of days recovering from my birthday weekend. lol. And working on this next year...expectations, hopes, plans, health plans...playing Words for Friends on FB..Ooops..no that's not supposed to be there. lol. I need to have 'plans' in my head to keep me sane. And I think they are coming along nicely. And despite the hospital and consultants attempts at trying to ruin it..I am managing to keep my positivity levels up. To quote the wonderful Robert Downey Jr...

"...Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway..."

Wise words but not a life lesson. lol. Just a tactical plan for dealing with the health problems from now on.

I found the following images online and the words from both stayed with me and in quiet moments they danced through my mind and made me smile. So I wanted to share them with you folks...

Such a wise man...
I struggle with 'small town mentally' and the belief that there is nothing outside of your town limits. There is a whole world to be explored and experiences to be had. Other cultures to witness and so many people to meet....travel is important to me. And from this year on I am going to do exactly what the Dalai Lama says. If I could give the little ones one gift it would be the passion I have for travel. Get them out of this small town and have adventures.

The freedom these words give is
priceless
Profound effect...and can't thank the person who created this poster enough. My new mantra for a while...awesome.

So two life lessons...and I hope you get something from them as I did.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is going well? Back with food based blogs tomorrow...

~Red~