Monday 6 May 2013

Brunch: Broccoli & Chickpea Scramble (soy free, vegan & GF)

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Nicola Benedetti ~ Zigeunerweisen Op.20
Tina Dico ~ Moon To Let
Harry Connick Jr ~ Close To You
The Puppini Sisters ~ Could It Be Magic
Beth Rowley ~ Nobody's Fault But Mine
Natalie Clein ~ Schubert: Arpeggione Sonata in A Minor
Mary Chapin Carpenter ~ Passionate Kisses
Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Riveria Paradise
Eric Clapton ~ What Would I Do Without You
Anna Nalick ~ Shine
Meredith Brooks ~ What Would Happen
Thunder ~ Shooting At The Sun
Def Leppard ~ Hysteria
Shakira ~ Si Te Vas

It's a national Bank Holiday here in sunny England today. Yes..I know..I said sunny! lol. So ML is home for the day so that means you are getting a bonus Brunch recipe this week. Now I love my tofu scrambles as you folks know but I was intrigued when I was flipping through my file of printed off random recipes. This one jumped out at me because it called for Broccoli and Chickpeas...two of my foodie passions. So breakfast/brunch today was then set.

I loved this meal...the crunch of the broccoli and comfort of the plump chickpeas combined with all the spice and garlic and earthy bites of potatoes make for a very pleasing bowl for breakfast/brunch. This recipe is a keeper.

I'm afraid I cannot give credit where it is due for this recipe but I do send out thanks to whoever created it. We've adapted it slightly from the original to suit our tastes.

Broccoli & Chickpea Scramble
Broccoli & Chickpea Scramble Serves 2

5 baby new potatoes, cooked and quartered
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 cup of broccoli, chopped down
1/2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-boil the potatoes and set to one side. Heat to oil in a skillet and add the celery and garlic to the pan and sauté until the celery has softened. Add the chickpeas, potato, broccoli and spices and stir well. Saute until the broccoli is crisp tender. Add the lemon juice and toss. Serve warm.

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week has started well and those in England..a happy Bank Holiday.

~Red~