Tuesday 27 August 2013

Blackberry & Mint Smoothie

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Kenny Wayne Shepherd ~ Losing Kind
The Devil ~ Lil' Devil
Korn ~ Love Song
Tom Jones ~ Lust For Life
Martina McBride ~ I Still Miss Someone
Maroon 5 ~ Sunday Morning
The Eagles ~ Wasted Time
INXS ~ Never Tear Us Apart
Mike Patton ~ Ti Offro Da Bere
P!nk ~ Last To Know
VAST ~ I Don't Have Anything
Bon Jovi ~ In Theses Arms
Train ~ To Be Loved
VAST ~ Winter In My Heart

Todays smoothie was inspired by one favourite herbal teas..Blackberry & Mint. Now blackberries are my favourite berry..when they are plump and sweet..lol. A perverse part of me still enjoys them even when they are slightly sour and make me shudder. lol It almost feels like a crime against berries to put them in a blender for a smoothie. But given our garden is covered in blackberry bushes I know there is always a good supply. Phew!!

Cue....*drool*...
Blackberry & Mint Smoothie  Serves 4

2 cups of spinach
1 1/2 cups of blackberries
1 pear
2 mint leaves
2 cups water


Place everything into a blender and blitz until smooth. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your day is a fantastic one...

~Red~