Wednesday 14 August 2013

Gratuitous Food Photo: Sunflower & Pumpkin Seed Sandwich with Parsnip/Nut Loaf & Rocket filling

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Depeche Mode ~ One Caress
R.E.M ~ Everybody Hurts
Thunder ~ Another Shot of Love (Live)
Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Wall of Denial
The Zutons ~ Valerie
Bowie ~ Let's Dance
Airbourne ~ Bottom of the Well
Janiva Magness ~ Use What You've Got
Depeche Mode ~ Blue Dress
Halestorm ~ Takes My Life
Truth Hurts ~ Addictive
VAST ~ Pretty When You Cry
KT Tunstall ~ Saving My Face
Martina McBride ~ Lies!

This posting is one purely of a foodie heaven moment. These days when a nut/veggie loaf is made in this house it seems to take forever to go because ML cannot partake anymore. One of the ways I enjoy using up the 'not straight into the freezer' section of leftovers is cold in a sandwich.

However, not as much recently as I'm trying to reduce my wheat intake but now ML has taken delivery of the Bread machine that claims to also make GF bread! (Slight grrr when we read through the instructions as it makes them with a 'good GF bread machine mix'...did you hear us banging our heads against the wall? lol) I am hopeful that one day soon I will be able to enjoy leftovers this way again. The last time I enjoyed it I took this quick shot...


Yum! And then some...lol
The sumptuous bread devoured used was a store bought Sunflower & Pumpkin Seed mini loaf which is perfect in its texture and slightly sweet taste. I always slice the leftover loaf as thinly as possible and then smother it with rocket leaves and keep it that simple because the natural flavours of the loaf and the green are powerful enough without additional extras.

I confess it took me some time to eat it but I enjoyed every single mouthful. lol. I know you would too.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is being very good to you....

~Red~