Friday 16 August 2013

Happy Stomach Smoothie

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Esthero ~ I Drive Alone
QOTSA ~ Skin on Skin
Thunder ~ Don't Wait For Me (Live @ Donnington)
Thunder ~ The Man Inside
Tina Dico ~ Glow
Beth Hart ~ Easy
Gina Sicilia ~ Wish The Clock Would Stop
The Zutons ~ It's The Little Things We Do
Sharon D Clarke ~ Black Coffee
INXS ~ Need You Tonight
The Zutons ~ Give Me A Reason
Sheryl Crowe & Kid Rock ~ Picture
Robert Plant & Alison Kraus ~ Stick With Me Baby
Deap Valy ~ Bad For My Body

Well things are never boring here..ok that's a fib..but it can certainly be interesting at times. lol. For medicinal purposes I have been asked to go on a almost completely liquid eating thing. Gentler on the tum and the only exception to the rule is my evening meal which is a soup based meal. I won't go into the reasons but safe to say it's gonna be a while before it changes. So I shall be reporting in with the smoothie recipes and soup recipes as they will all be fresh and homemade. I hope you will keep coming back regardless and I shall endeavour to entertain you with my other passions.

So the first smoothie up was a recipe called Happy Stomach Smoothie. The recipe I found inside the cover of the Green Smoothie Revelation recipe book and sadly it has no indication of where I printed it from...damn! But if you recognise it..then please by all means message me and I'll give credit where it's due.

I found the smoothie a little thick in texture so would definitely add more water next time I make this. But the flavour was refreshing and I enjoyed it..once I got over the shudder factor. lol And apologies for the lack of creativity of the photo but ML was running late and it was a snap shot.

Happy Stomach Smoothie
Happy Stomach Smoothie  Serves 3-4

1 banana, sliced
1 pear, sliced
2 stalks of celery
1 cup spinach leaves
1/2 avocado
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 cup of water (next time I will double this and then portion into 4 servings)

Simply put everything into a blender and blitz until as smooth as possible. (The need for a new blender became evident this morning..lol) The ginger will provide stomach relief for almost any ailment, while the other ingredients give you much needed antioxidants to help process out toxins.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are looking forward to your weekend?

~Red~