Wednesday 21 August 2013

Veggie Soup with Edamame & Kale

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Emmylou Harris & Don Williams ~ If I Needed You
Rufus Wainwright ~ Hallelujah
Missy Higgins ~ Scar
Rizzle Kicks ~ Mama Do The Hump
Depeche Mode ~ It's No Good
Brandi Carlile ~ That Year
Soul Asylum ~ Black Gold
Zac Brown Band ~ Let It Go
Metallica ~ Of Wolf and Man
Chris Cornell ~ Roads We Choose
Shakira ~ Gypsy
Harry Connick Jr ~ Smile
Foo Fighters ~ Erase/Replace
Clawfinger ~ I Need You

Edamame beans seem to be like marmite...you love them or you hate them. It took some time but I can finally say I have made the transition from hate to love. lol. I have always struggled with the skin issue on them much like broad beans. But blitzed into a Edamame Hummus/Dip I have always enjoyed them and in this soup they were succulent.

Now this soup is packed with goodness and vibrant colours...and when selecting it for the menu I was intrigued by how it would taste. And it's an interesting mix...I personally wouldn't use corn next time...I felt it was a texture too far. The taste isn't as overpowering as you would imagine...and I would even go as far as saying it was a blend of delicate flavours which make for one enjoyable soup.

There is broth in this here soup...promise..lol
Veggie Soup with Edamame & Kale   Serves 4

1 tbsp olive oil
1 sm onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups of veggie stock
200g tomato passata
1 cup carrots, diced
1 large potato, diced
1 cup frozen sweetcorn
1 cup frozen edamame
2 leave kale, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add onion and celery and cook for five minutes or until the onion is translucent. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Pour in stock and passata and simmer for 10 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Add corn, edamame and kale and continue to simmer for another 3 minutes. Season, serve and enjoy....

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Wednesday is a great one...

~Red~

NB: Once again this recipe is created by ANON and therefore I can't give credit where it is rightly due. But would be very happy to do so if someone can tell me...who is ANON???? ;-)