Monday 21 October 2013

Tropical Fruit Green Smoothie

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Jacqueline De Pre ~ Boccherini:Cello Concerto in B Flat
Fleetwood Mac ~ Everywhere
Tina Dico ~ Night Cab
Little Angels ~ She's A Little Angel
Fun Lovin' Criminals ~ Bump
Edith Piaf ~ Mon Legionnaire
Halestorm ~ What Where You Expecting?
Shania Twain ~ It Only Hurts When I Breathe
Nat King Cole ~ These Foolish Things
Michelle Shocked ~ Anchorage
Audioslave ~ Broken City
Colbie Caillat ~ Bubbly
Keith Urban ~ Kiss A Girl
Jose Carreras ~ Cardillo: Core N'Grato

I am indeed still rocking the green smoothies...and some days are easier than others, as are some smoothies easier than others. I have been trying to find a way of enjoying Cavolo Kale in a smoothie without shooting the sugar content up too high to counteract the bitterness of the darkest of the kales. Regular kale isn't as bitter so easily blends into the other ingredients whereas Cavolo..doesn't! *shudder* It has made for some interesting faces when I am drinking them..apparently! lol. Another factor when drinking the lovely kale is that the texture can sometimes be...interesting. But I am sure that is down to my blender but I find adding an avocado helps a little and is a great way of getting healthy fats into your system. A savings fund for a new blender has also been started...lol.

As it's almost the end of the season for most of the fruits I use in the smoothies, I am now buying in bags of the unsweetened frozen fruits and this week I picked up a bag from the supermarket - Tropical Fruit Salad. The contents were pineapple, papaya, kiwi, pomegranate seeds and mango. I'm not the biggest fan of mango...but as it was in a mix I threw caution to the wind...lol. How brave am I? As green smoothies are hard to photograph and make look appealing..I have opted to do the recipe this way....

Place 12 de-stalked leaves of Cavolo into a blender....

Cavolo Kale
  and the flesh of one avocado...

avocado..chock full of healthy fats

 also 24og of frozen Tropical Fruit Salad...(half of the packet)

Might add slightly more next time?

 for extra goodness and essential omega's add 1 tsp of Spirulina...

An acquired taste I admit but in smoothies you hardly notice it

and to help it all go down, don't forget this lovely stuff...5 cups of water...

Good old H20...

 ....and then blend...well once you have placed the lid on!...until smooth or as smooth as your blender will allow. Then enjoy..this makes enough for four smoothies which I drink throughout the day or I freeze some for another day. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Monday is going well?

~Red~