Sunday 5 April 2015

Sharing fruity fun...

Fruit Fruit Wheel..gone in minutes...lol

Hello folks..just dropping by to wish you all a lovely holiday weekend. We have been having a lovely time so far. Here in England it is a national bank holiday weekend so we have spent some of our day reorganising my work room. Well, isn't it the tradition to get jobs around the house done? Ahem. Anyway it shaped up pretty well and I can smile again when in there. We also did some kitchen work which was good as we rarely get the opportunity to do that anymore. Then yesterday we had a fantastic family day with my sister and her little ones. The majority of the family have entered into a lifestyle change and are trying to eat better. I was happy to join in and after a lunch of jacket potato with lots of healthy toppings and salads we tucked into this fresh fruit wheel and some had fat-free vanilla yoghurt as a topping. The melon balls were hand carved by the little one Noo...the ripe mango was selected by Myles and the super juicy Navel orange was the littlest ones choice and with our additions we had a stuffed fruit wheel to be enjoyed. And believe me...we did indeed enjoy it After the fruit feast we were left with only a few stray pieces of fresh fig, grapes and mango. A healthy eating success I would say...and little Layla 'needed' me to share this with you as she was delighted with the wheel and thought it beautiful.

I wish you all a lovely holiday weekend and I hope you are all enjoying a great weekend..holiday or not. I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe posting....

~Red~